🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Scam
Page options
johnsonanna97
Community Member

Scam

I am using your platform for 4 days and hoping to find a job. I bought credits from the platform. From 4 applications, 3 was a scam! I spend my time and money to apply for these jobs but you from your side allow scam here!

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anna, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience in Upwork. I would like to note that we do have teams and systems that help identify red flags if a user or a job post is fraudulent. However, I would like to clarify that there are cases where we are unable to foresee a violation based on a client's job post itself or their initial communications with the freelancer. We usually receive flags when the interview stage has already commenced, where the client explicitly communicates this (ToS violation) with a freelancer. In cases like these, the teams involved take action immediately against the client's job post and account based on the report.

As for the Connects, please know that Connects are returned to the freelancer if the job post they applied to was closed because of a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. You can check your Connects History by going to your Settings page > Membership & Connects > View Connects History to see if any of the Connects used were refunded.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members