🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scam
Page options
smith_ashley
Community Member

Scam

This is just a heads up so someone doesn't fall prey to these creeps. I had applied to a payroll clerk/data entry role and everything seemed on the up and up. Payment unverified, but hey maybe they hadn't gotten around to it yet, fine. I got a message back with a pdf of the following, prompting me to get on **Edited for Community Guidelines** claiming to be affiliated with **Edited for Community Guidelines**

It feels off to me; the 'hiring' account is **Edited for Community Guidelines** and I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that he's got other accounts as well. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll go ahead and forward your report for the team to review and take action as per our processes. We count on your help and diligence to make the Upwork experience as safe as possible. If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to report it.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll go ahead and forward your report for the team to review and take action as per our processes. We count on your help and diligence to make the Upwork experience as safe as possible. If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to report it.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths