🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scam
Page options
theretard
Community Member

Scam

Hello everyone, for the past few weeks I see many clients who post over and over again populating my feed (Please refer to the image attached). These clients put a big budget and post regularly. I am very annoyed and please resolve this problem UpWork team. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
joynul33
Community Member

You can filter them from your job feed. (only payment method verified job will be shown in your job feed)

Then it will never show in your job feed.

Joynul
759e32fa

Hi Mangale,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I checked the screenshot and it does not look like the clients are posting duplicate jobs. The location of the clients and the job posts are all different too. Are you referring to the job posts not being payment-verified?

~ AJ
Upwork
antorix
Community Member

I have exactly the same issue, and I think many other freelancers on Upwork do. At the moment, the majority of the jobs I see in my feed are scam posts of this kind. When you apply to them (I did it twice), they refer to their Telegram or WhatsApp and require you to pay upfront in order to "work." I didn't pay, but I'm sure if you pay you will never get any job.

Annie, it's exactly their way of work: using different jobs, categories or work, and locations (they evidently use VPN). It's likely one person or a team of several people. They have a very distinctive style of writing, and you can learn very quickly to recognize their posts. Despite always changing locations and job categories, their payment method is never verified, and they have no work history (hire rate 0%). But their job descriptions may look very credible.

It's a new developent on Upwork that started maybe a couple of months ago. Such a pity that Upwork can't do anything about it.

Hi Anton,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your feedback and concerns. Our teams are working to address the situation around scam and spam jobs, including higher than usual volumes of scam posts, constantly changing methods of scam accounts and gaps in user education around Upwork TOS and safety. Additionally, I assure you that we'll continue sharing users' feedback with the team and providing updates to the Community about team's initiatives. Feel free to check an update in this post for more information about the team's efforts around addressing these issues.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths