🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scam
Page options
bcaae32e
Community Member

Scam

Hi, I just wanted to make you aware that a job advert in translation jobs was actually a scam. Somebody was impersonating an employee of **Edited for Community Guidelines** offering a translation job for a big amount of money. I double checked and I have seen that nobody with that name was in that company and that other similar scams have happened before.

13 REPLIES 13
NikolaS

Hi Ruggero,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the job post you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f6b46251
Community Member

Hi, I recently applied for that job and for what I have checked there is nobody with the name of the employee in Transperfect. I can provide more information as well if needed.

6c634a73
Community Member

Translation to different languages (native translators)-**Edited for Community Guidelines**

he is SCAM!!

Hi Kevser,

Thank you for your message. I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
tranetei
Community Member

They fake being  **Edited for Community Guidelines** from transperfect. Whenever there's a new proposal, they will delete the post. Offer $36 for each page, $3600 in total in single payment.

"This is a project that we need to present In a world conference that a lot of world leaders will be available 

We want the best on this

So we’ll be paying 36$ per image for this project all together $3600

Please understand that we’re paying this much because the intensity of the project"-telegram **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi! I just encountered your comment. I have the same situation right now and I was told to talk to **Edited for Community Guidelines**, is this the same guy?

If it's the same situation, stop all communication and report to Upwork. This is a scam.

c5d6d426
Community Member

Hi! I am now translating a task from transperfect with big amount, his name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** and project director from transperfect. Is it the same guy that you're mentioning here?

Ronalyn , did you talk to this guy on telegram? Why did you fo that? Why did you start working for him WITHOUT a Upwork contract ? Some people are begging to be scammed honestly...

Hi! Yes, I talked to him in telegram, I am new at upwork so I am not really familiar with everything, but I searched about the infos that he told and noticed that it was all a lie so I did not do the task that he asked me to do... blocked him an deleted my telegram account.

4d1aae49
Community Member

Was the person you talked to has an initial of K.P.?

I forgot the name because I immediately deactivated my telegram account. 

It doesn't matter what their initials are; there are thousands of scammers, and obviously they aren't going to give you their real names anyway. Learn how to use Upwork, and read and follow the terms of service; those are the best ways to avoid scammers. And if you don't work harder on your profile instead of just writing two sentences, you will never attract a real client. Upwork is extremely competitive and it's very difficult to find work here; you'll have no chance at all with a profile that only draws attention to your lack of experience.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths