🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scam
Page options
0cefeb25
Community Member

Scam

Hy Team,

Please look into this matter. I am new to this site since 2months ago.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** has been scammed with me 50$.  I have done his project before his given time. I have all avoidance in a screenshot. 

Please resolve my issue

Scam detail:

Name: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Organization name: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Scammed amount: 50$

My salary: Did bot pay by my project dircetor

Attached project file.

Toqeer Nasir
3 REPLIES 3
elisa_b
Community Member

The company name is fake, the employer name is fake too. And soon they will be removed from your OP.

Please familiarise yourself with the Terms of Service and what you CAN do to avoid scams, before submitting other proposals.

Your money is lost for good. But you can learn from this experience and refuse to pay any sort of fees in the future.

cb4a1454
Community Member

Hi may I know the status of your complain?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robie Ainna, 

I checked your account and it sounds like you're referring to clients who seem like they were pulling a scam. I checked the jobs you sent proposals to and I can confirm that these jobs were taken down and actions have been taken against the client for violating the Upwork Terms of Service. 

It would also be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:

You may also want to read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, this Community article, and these articles for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths