🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scam
Page options
0a4d8f20
Community Member

Scam

Want to report same scenario to stop this scam. Got also an offer from this same company, **Edited for Community Guidelines** claiming they have **Edited for Community Guidelines**as their client. Afterwards, you will be ask for payment of an ID of $50.00 . Is there a way to block this off? Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Julie,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here in the Community. Please be reminded that real clients will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. These are clear violations of Upwork's Terms of Service.

I would also like to let you know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. I have checked your account and I can't seem to find any communications you had with a client. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the job? The link to the job post will be extremely helpful.

We encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths