Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam

rachid-ahitass
Rachid A Member Since: Oct 5, 2015
11 of 17

Hi Ian,

Thank you for clarifiying things for me, I have Good grasp now. Thank you for your time.

Rachid

aaburahma100
Abdallah A Member Since: Oct 5, 2015
12 of 17

You shouldn't start the work unless your clients fund the escrow.

Working without funded escrow means that the likelyhood of getting scamed is high.

in addition, no way to leave feedback to warn others from this client since no money paid.

live and learn

rachid-ahitass
13 of 17

Thank you guys for being so supportive, I think I'll go forward.

thank you too much.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
14 of 17

Make sure you report the client for free work fraud!

In future do not do any work until you were hired through Upwork and have a contract in the "My Jobs" tab - if you do not you are not hired and you do not have a contract and you must not start doing any work.

View solution in original post

rachid-ahitass
15 of 17

Thank you so much lady 

labrad31
Monet B Member Since: Jan 16, 2016
16 of 17

Yes, I am new here as well and I've noticed a influx of invites from shady clients. I've done enough internet work to recongnize a scam. Especially when they start asking about your bank account.

Stay sharp.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
17 of 17

I believe that a relatively small number of individuals and organized criminal gangs are responsible for the vast majority of these scam jobs, but there seems to be more people behind them than there really are because they use a multitude of fake names and identities.

In theory this problem could be diminished significantly by arresting these individuals or by otherwise taking them off the playing field, but the will doesn't exist among the companies and/or law enforcement to actually do that.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS