🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scammer Freelancer - Website Speed Optimizati...
Page options
4a0f0a3f
Community Member

Scammer Freelancer - Website Speed Optimization

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share the profile of scammer here. I'll explain the issue instead.

Clients want high speed for their website on google speed tests and hire our 'scammer freelancer' . 

He makes the website show different content when google is requesting the page. And google gives 100% score because it doesn't see the real website. Clients are happy because of 100% score, what they don't know is, it's done with this dirty trick. And google will notice and punish for that severely.

I got proof about this but I don't know how to take action, I want to see justice happening.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Okan,

If that's the case, feel free to send me a private message with all the information about this so I can check and report it to the team for investigation.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AndreaG

Hi Okan,

Please flag this freelancer profile as inappropriate so that our Trust and Safety team can investigate. Here's how to send a flag.

~Andrea
Upwork
4a0f0a3f
Community Member

I did, the client did it as well. But it's hard to understand the scam without a good context, and I can provide that to support.

Hi Okan,

If that's the case, feel free to send me a private message with all the information about this so I can check and report it to the team for investigation.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
07bf3a48
Community Member

I had the same problem but I just say also The account name of the scammer on Upwork is **Edited for community guidelines**, of course, nobody is aware because they see high speed. Luckily another developer did find out and asked not to mention his name or his account would have been compromised as well. he is now working on cleaning all the malicious codes installed in order to show GTmertrix A, 100, etc, and Mobile speed 85 or more and desktop 100. 

Clients want high speed for their website on google speed tests and hire our 'scammer freelancer'. 

He makes the website show different content when google is requesting the page. And google gives a 100% score because it doesn't see the real website. Clients are happy because of the 100% score, what they don't know is, it's done with this dirty trick. And google will notice and punish for that severely.

Clients want high speed for their website on google speed tests and hire our 'scammer freelancer'. 

He makes the website show different content when google is requesting the page. And google gives a 100% score because it doesn't see the real website. Clients are happy because of the 100% score, what they don't know is, it's done with this dirty trick. And google will notice and punish for that severely.

I reported it today with chat help and it is now being investigated. Can I get an Investigation number or an email with investigation updates?

Hi Mario,

I checked your account and it looks like you already have an open ticket regarding your concern. You may access the ticket by going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths