🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Scammer Pubg UC
Page options
freelancer167
Community Member

Scammer Pubg UC

Hi Upwork,
Why upwork remove scam or fraudalent jobs on the platform, As I have been reported daily scammer of pubg UC. But still the client made another job post by using some fake card and scam many freelancer on the contract, and sooner or later their account has also been suspended by upwork. why upwork can't take action action directly on these jobs. As I have reported this client job post 20 to 30 minutes ago and still there job is showing on the platform and no action is taken by upwork, and scam more than thousand of dollars from the freelancer. There account is made 1 day ago and still there job  is showing.
Please remove this job post immediatly and warn many of the new freelancer and experienced to aware about this client and report it directly.
Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

8 REPLIES 8
nyonomega0
Community Member

Saad D wrote:

the client made another job post by using some fake card and scam many freelancer on the contract, and sooner or later their account has also been suspended by upwork.

This will continue.

Saad D wrote:

why upwork can't take action action directly on these jobs. 

No one can tell this.

Conclusion

Reporting jobs is a waste of time, as is caring about them. I ignore them now. So should you.

Sushant B wrote:

Saad D wrote:

the client made another job post by using some fake card and scam many freelancer on the contract, and sooner or later their account has also been suspended by upwork.

This will continue.

Saad D wrote:

why upwork can't take action action directly on these jobs. 

No one can tell this.

Conclusion

Reporting jobs is a waste of time, as is caring about them. I ignore them now. So should you.

Sounds like bad advice to me. If we all stopped flagging dubious jobs, even though sometimes you get sick of doing it, things would be even worse.

sofia2008
Community Member

That you for reporting this. Please continu to report any suspicious activities. While it might take some time for Upwork to take the post down, it is each Freelancer responsability to stay safe and to comply to the Terms of service here: Upwork Legal Center, which can save them from most scams.

To be in a hurry to apply to jobs without being well informed is not a good idea.

To learn more about red flags, read this.

List of red flags for scams - Upwork Community

To learn more about flagging inapropriate job posts, read this.

Report Suspicious User Activity – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

NikolaS

Hi Saad,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I checked and it looks like the post you are referring to is removed. If you are still able to see it on your end please click on my name and send me a PM with a link and screenshot from your end. I will be sure to share it with our team for further review. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Nikola S wrote:

Hi Saad,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I checked and it looks like the post you are referring to is removed. If you are still able to see it on your end please click on my name and send me a PM with a link and screenshot from your end. I will be sure to share it with our team for further review. 

Nikola, I have done a search with "uc" and there are several works like the one OP comments on.
Can't you do a search?

This is also my question, why can't Upwork people do simple searches for these recurring scam jobs with the same unique wording?  If we can find them in minutes, you should be able to as well.

Hi Maria,

I did a search just like you suggested and also found several job posts as you mentioned, I've alerted the team about them. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
freelancer167
Community Member

Hi Nikola,
Still the job post is showing on the website and up till now upwork can't removed these fake job post.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths