🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scammer client asking refund for job done
Page options
fairzack
Community Member

Scammer client asking refund for job done

Hi Upwork,

I have 100% success score and top rated badge,

and last work I did for a client was successful and approved it, I just saw that he asked for a refund for the work did, Why Upwork don't take care of people like that ? it is not the first time that happened to me, I filled a dispute, and will this affect my JSS ? 

I wish really that Upwork take care of Scammer clients to keep the plaform safe for the freelancers too.

Because there are some clients that are abusing Upwork as Upwork often refund both client and freelancer for the contract scammed.

( if one of the Upwork staff would take care of this, it is the contract number: 24175908)

Thank you very much.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Zack F wrote:

That is why I posted this, I was wondering if cases like this one, affect JSS.

Like with absolutely every other contract, the feedback (mainly private feedback) is what affects your JSS. 

So just as with any other contract, that effect happens when the contract is closed by the client.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
tlbp
Community Member

Did the client get the refund? Clients can ask for anything, that doesn't mean they get it. 

fairzack
Community Member

Hi Tonya,
Yes I filled a dispute but, I am thinking about the JSS, it is unfair to get the JSS affected because of a Scammer, I am not sure if it gets affected.

petra_r
Community Member

Zack F wrote:

Hi Tonya,
Yes I filled a dispute but, I am thinking about the JSS, it is unfair to get the JSS affected because of a Scammer, I am not sure if it gets affected.

The JSS is affected by the outcome of the contract (the feedback left by the client when closing the contract) and not by the dispute as such.

fairzack
Community Member

Hi Petra, 

I don't think a Scammer will great feedback to take back its money lol

So to resume, I did the work, and the client approved it in the message room, then ended the contract and asked for refund, I opened a dispute, will my JSS be Affected like that ?

if so it is really unfair, and I guess Upwork should find a solution to handle similar cases and clients ( as I guess some clients do that to freelancers) .

Zack F wrote:

Hi Petra, 

So to resume, I did the work, and the client approved it in the message room, then ended the contract and asked for refund, I opened a dispute, will my JSS be Affected like that ?

if so it is really unfair, and I guess Upwork should find a solution to handle similar cases and clients ( as I guess some clients do that to freelancers) .

So, whatever the feedback is, it already happened.

Right now, all you have to do is wait, if it's a bad one, use your perk, otherwise, you will have to accept it.

Remember you only have limited time to leave yours.

petra_r
Community Member

Zack F wrote:

In 280 contracts I have never met a client like that.

Zack F wrote:

And again: Your JSS has already been affected, for better or for worse, when the client closed the contract, depending on the feedback they left. The dispute does not matter.

Did you ask the client why they asked for their money back and what they were unhappy with?

fairzack
Community Member

Hi Elba,

yeah I see, but it is unfair for a freelancer,

Hi Petra, maybe you didn't get it but some others got it, in my +200  contracts got one client who refused to pay a milestone, and this one.

My error is I didn't check his previous feedbacks, as he did it for others milestones, and just tracked his contracts, I saw him opening hiring people, then the job disapears from his Job Post history of feedbacks, so it is common for him to do that, 

I asked him, he said " it was an error" then became unresponsive.

But I guess it is unfair for a freelancer to get their JSS affected from clients like that.

**Edited for community guidelines**

tlbp
Community Member

Zack F wrote:

Hi Elba,

yeah I see, but it is unfair for a freelancer,

Hi Petra, maybe you didn't get it but some others got it, in my +200  contracts got one client who refused to pay a milestone, and this one.

My error is I didn't check his previous feedbacks, as he did it for others milestones, and just tracked his contracts, I saw him opening hiring people, then the job disapears from his Job Post history of feedbacks, so it is common for him to do that, 

I asked him, he said " it was an error" then became unresponsive.

But I guess it is unfair for a freelancer to get their JSS affected from clients like that.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Do you have any evidence that it has affected your JSS? Wait to see what happens. 

fairzack
Community Member

Hi Tonya,

petra_r
Community Member

Zack F wrote:

Like with absolutely every other contract, the feedback (mainly private feedback) is what affects your JSS. 

So just as with any other contract, that effect happens when the contract is closed by the client.

fairzack
Community Member

Thank you, but what is bothering is that is Unfair for cases like that affecting Freelancers.

But thanks anyway!

Zack F wrote:

Hi Tonya,

And an answer was provided.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members