🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scammer in the US
Page options
smaddila
Community Member

Scammer in the US

Watchout for **Edited for Community Guidelines** who posted a job called "customer service" for which I proposed and immediately received a message that I had won the job but then they sent me a link to collect private information (with a Phishing link) so I declined to answer their questions about my bank account, Drivers Lic etc. I think this is a scam running on Upwork, please look out for it. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

p.s. this was posted as a US only job, which meant they would use the Drivers Lic and Bank info to steal someone's identity.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
tlbp
Community Member

Good catch. If you do a search (in your regular web browser) for "common job scams" or "freelance job scams," you can familiarize yourself with many of the other scams out there and avoid them. But, the scammers are constantly coming up with new strategies-so stay vigilant. 

NikolaS

Hi Sanjeev,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Thanks for flagging this job to us. Please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content.

Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths