🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scammer using**Edited for Community Guideline...
Page options
6f524286
Community Member

Scammer using**Edited for Community Guidelines**name

Here is my first experience.  I applied for a job, messages exchanges happened via upwork and then skype, the client selected me for the job after a text interview.  The imposter said they will pay for new equipment(laptop) that I will need to use to work on the project . They sent me check image for $4800 for mobile deposit. This morning the person called me saying I need to pay for equipment until the check is cleared which will take few days.  That was a RED flag to me.  Until that point I was thkinking everything was legit and I was trusting Upwork to do some level of vetting.  

The imposter is using **Edited for Community Guidelines** (a real person on linkedin and his identity), representing **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Everyone please be careful about it. I have flagged this job posting.  However, this is a serious issue that I request Upwork team to look into. 

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Dhananjay,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

I also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, I advise you to check this post and this help article to help you stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members