🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scammer
Page options
soomisana
Community Member

Scammer

Hello guys i have been working with a company called **Edited for Community Guidelines** they have given me a project for retyping after i completed the project they told me to submit $150 to get my full payment.

Otherwise there will be no payment they have not told me about this earlier so my all efforts are fruitless please be carefull

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Sana R wrote:

Hello guys i have been working with a company called XXXXX 

You shouldn't have been "working with them" because you were never properly hired, have no contract and there actually is no job. It's a scam. There is no "company", just a scammer.

after i completed the project they told me to submit $150 to get my full payment.

There was never going to be any payment for you. The entire purpose is to make you pay. Any job that looks too good to be true (high payment for low-skill work like retyping) is invariably a scam.

In future, do not violate Upwork's terms of service by communicating with prospective clients outside of the Upwork platform (which is strictly forbidden), which will protect you not only from the vast majority of scams, but also from having your account suspended,,,

Also familiarize yourself with the terms of service to avoid getting caught up with similar things in future.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Sana R wrote:

Hello guys i have been working with a company called XXXXX 

You shouldn't have been "working with them" because you were never properly hired, have no contract and there actually is no job. It's a scam. There is no "company", just a scammer.

after i completed the project they told me to submit $150 to get my full payment.

There was never going to be any payment for you. The entire purpose is to make you pay. Any job that looks too good to be true (high payment for low-skill work like retyping) is invariably a scam.

In future, do not violate Upwork's terms of service by communicating with prospective clients outside of the Upwork platform (which is strictly forbidden), which will protect you not only from the vast majority of scams, but also from having your account suspended,,,

Also familiarize yourself with the terms of service to avoid getting caught up with similar things in future.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Retyping isn't a job when everybody can copy/paste in seconds, and it certainly isn't a job that pays well. 

There was never a real job, not even a real task, just a flimsy excuse to keep you busy for a while until they start to go after your money. 

None of this made sense from the start, right?

soomisana
Community Member

I will  be careful from now on

yal79
Community Member

This happened to me twice this week, one company supposedly called **Edited for Community Guidelines**, and the second one **Edited for Community Guidelines**, for translations or transcribing projects, they want to discuss outside the platform and they ask for a Security Payment before assigning the project or releasing payment. 

I never agree on a project if I am not hired through Upwork. And I think I am not bidding on any Job Post that does not have a verified payment method.

I reported both accounts on Upwork.

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Thanks for reporting them.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members