🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Scammers all over the job feed and email with...
Page options
silvana_oliveira
Community Member

Scammers all over the job feed and email with job suggestions - what is happening lately?

I have been a freelancer on Upwork ever since it was Odesk (11+ years or so). I am a top rated freelancer and Upwork is my main income source. 

Never have I seen so much SPAM in this website as I see now. From the last 2-3 weeks I only receive spam invitations and even Upwork sends me emails with job suggestions including spam (clients asking for you to contact them via Telegram, WhatsApp etc.). It's like a button was pressed and Upwork changed. I am genuinely surprised that 10 out 10 invites I receive lately are fake. It's disconcerting to say the least!

Also, what happened to payment verified clients? It seems there is a bunch of bots posting the same job over and over again trying to scam freelancers! I am genuinely afraid of accessing the platform and catching virus or having my computer invaded, it's very serious what's happening and it's reached a point that just "we are sorry and we are trying to fix it" doesn't cut it.

It's reached a point that it became unberable. I work with writing, editing, translating articles and there are simply no "real" jobs there on the feed. It feels Upwork was taken by trolls.

*I am not paid to spend the whole day flagging posts, although I do when I answer invites.

Please Upwork, solve this issue!

2 REPLIES 2
pgiambalvo
Community Member

"It's like a button was pressed and Upwork changed."

Yes, that is beyond obvious. Now they should unpress that button.

No kidding, Peter!

Upwork seems to be going downhill, unfortunately. A lot has changed, and for the worse! 

I miss how simple it once was.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths