cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammers on Upwork

Amanda P Member Since: Jan 6, 2019
21 of 145
Got scammed out of 4,000 with this same bit. Same exact instance. I've learned. And when "you know better , you do better" . Left me broken and had me fearing the world for a while. But me and my family got through it and know what to look for now. This happened on Upwork
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
22 of 145

@ßAmanda P wrote:
Got scammed out of 4,000 with this same bit. Same exact instance.

The fake  check nonsense?

Celarent S Member Since: Jul 5, 2018
23 of 145

I'm a new freelancer. I just got one Googlehangout interview. Is this a guaranteed scammer?

Vanessa V Member Since: Jun 15, 2018
24 of 145

I would say yes. 99.9% of those are scams. Stay away from the google hangouts interviews. Especially if they tell you they will be sending you a check to purchase equipment for your home office...

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
25 of 145

Hi Celarent,

I checked and the job you are referring to has already been taken down. You'll notice that the invitation went to the archived folder.

Check out this Post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Celarent S Member Since: Jul 5, 2018
26 of 145

I got an offer from a company called **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I got the interview from Google Hangouts. Per what i've read this feels like a scam. Is there anybody that have the same experience with this company that can verify it's validity?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
27 of 145

Google Hangouts invite = scam

28 of 145
Me! Got me for 4,000. Don't do it. I say abandon the app all together
29 of 145
I wouldn't. Google Hangouts are riddled with scammers. If you so it, be aware of grammar errors and asking you to send checks for office equipment that "they pay you back". Don't fall for this. Good luck on your search
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
30 of 145

Meral and Jennifer,

I'll make sure the team reviews the job you are referring to and takes actions as soon as possible. In addition to advice shared here, please check out the resources linked to this post, especially Safety First! section.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS