🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scamming
Page options
6a69ed97
Community Member

Scamming

I signed up with you guys and within a day received a job offer after submitting a proposal. The young lady asked me to text her for further communication. Last night I received a email from you guys stating that the job posting was removed due to it violating you guys policy. She is still texting me and now asking for me to be paid via paypal and stated that you guys allowed her to use this outside platform for payments?
3 REPLIES 3
jr-translation
Community Member

Block her.
Accepting payment outside UW is a serious violation of the ToS.
prestonhunter
Community Member

Sabra:
Exchanging funds outside of the platform is a serious violation. Both clients and freelancers can have their accounts suspended or terminated for participating in that.

I strongly suggest you block that person. Don't talk to somebody like that.

colettelewis
Community Member

Sabra J wrote:
I signed up with you guys and within a day received a job offer after submitting a proposal. The young lady asked me to text her for further communication. Last night I received a email from you guys stating that the job posting was removed due to it violating you guys policy. She is still texting me and now asking for me to be paid via paypal and stated that you guys allowed her to use this outside platform for payments?

-----------------------------

She is lying. If you continue with this person, not only will you have no job, but Upwork will suspend your account. Do not have anything more to do with this person. Tell her to get lost. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths