🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scams
Page options
c88c0fe0
Community Member

Scams

Currently have the same scam job posted in my feed sixteen times in the past 2 hours. Similar pattern all week. Why is this allowed? Why doesn't Upwork doing anything about this? 

10 REPLIES 10
celgins
Community Member

Upwork will tell you that they are working hard to address the situation around scam and spam jobs, and that they are dealing with a higher-than-usual volumes of scam posts. I think they are trying, but I also believe they are overwhelmed and can't catch most of them.

Please be kind for checking the scam jobs, Thanks

c88c0fe0
Community Member

I guess I'm feeling really frustrated because I had them terminate a contract that I had already started working on claiming it violated terms of service, and I don't believe it did. And then I see all these very obvious violations that just get posted over and over and over. You'd think if I can catch them they could too? I don't get it. 

d9fc6d8d
Community Member

Because it's not in their best (financial) interest to do anything about it.

zufarkhan
Community Member

Same here Caroline - at least 50% of the work that I've sent proposals for have been removed. 

I'm new to this platform so I'm not sure how to identify scam posts - aside from the inflated rates. 

Thanks Maria

Right, and they expect us to know. I had a contract terminated that I already started working on. I don't believe there was anything wrong with that job. 

yofazza
Community Member

If you're curious you can tell us about the job and we'll see if there's really nothing wrong with it or not.

iftikhar1947
Community Member

yes, this is happening repeatedly.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths