🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scams
Page options
mariaserrano7
Community Member

Scams

Hello,
I've worked in Upwork for couple of years, I am freelancer on other sites and I have Upwork as a side job, but I am more and more disapointed.
I have people asking me for another ways of contact (clearly a red flag) and even recently someone offered to hire me and I sent part of the money to him on PayPal. In the past I have also someone trying to buy my account.
I flagged the conversations, but I do not have feedback from Upwork, I see dodgy profiles still around and the "connects" I used for those jobs, of course, gone, I am losing totally my trust on this platform.
I just wanted to share my experience in case that help to improve your Service and be a safer place for the freelancers.
Best

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience so far. I checked your account, but couldn't find any reference to PayPal or someone asking to buy your account. Could you please send me a private message with more information on that so that I can check and send a report to the team for investigation?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar,

Thank you for your answer. I have just sent you the information by private message.

Best,

Maria

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members