cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scary message when sharing a profile link with clients

elh_yaron

There is a scary message shown to customers when you share your profile link, and your profile is private.

instead of it just saying "This profile is private,  please log in to view it"  

it says to your potential customer

"This Upwork freelancers profile is either private, restricted or blocked!"

1.png

that leaves the customer to decide which is it, and raises unnecessary concerns regarding the freelancer,  of no fault of the freelancer. 

my hope with this post is that somebody with the ability to do something about it, will see the post,

and help solve it.

10 REPLIES 10
iaabraham
Community Guru
There's also a "bug" that shows that screen when your (public) profile has certain keywords in it.
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yaron, thanks for the feedback.

Isabelle, I see Valeria replied to you in this thread and explained the reason why some profiles display this message even though they are set to public. This is not caused by a bug.

Untitled

Yep you're right, that's why I put "bug" in quotation marks because I couldn't find a better word for it. Although any design / policy that has this rule is considered to be a bug by me.

@Isabelle Anne A wrote:

Yep you're right, that's why I put "bug" in quotation marks because I couldn't find a better word for it. Although any design / policy that has this rule is considered to be a bug by me.

You can take it up with Google, who created this situation.

Good luck with that 😉

You're welcome, I hope it will be solved.

would there be any way for us to know when/if it changes? 

Hi Yaron,

I just wanted to let you know that we are planning to change the message that is displayed for users who set their profile as visible to "Upwork Users Only" in the near future.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Victoria thanks for letting us know the next iteration of this message, for me personally

I'll just hold off using this link for now.

Suggested alternative

"to watch X profile login to your Upwork account, or create a new one here"

---  edited after Michael's comment,  thanks--- 

Yaron,

"Upwork Users Only" is not the proposed new language. It is a description of the class of freelancers who have chosen this option for visibility. The actual language to be used is, as (ahem!) Valeria said, planned to be changed; she did not specify changed to what, which may still be under consideration.

Best,
Michael

Sorry, you're right it seems I misread that. it's the text from one of the options of visibility.

I really don't care either it is a bug or what so ever it is , 

I am facing the same error and I want a solution for that, 

One of my client refused to award me the project because he was not able to see my profile and he was facing that error 

This Upwork Freelancer's profile is either private, restricted or blocked!

Whats the solution, please share it. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS