cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Payment System is useless

Kumail Raza L Member Since: Oct 6, 2015
1 of 6

Please help me to find the solution of this problem.

I bank got my funds but before they transfer my funds into my bank account they got a message form sender bank to returned back that TT so my bank returned that. I got both documents form the bank 1st document for they receive my funds and 2nd document for they got a message form sender bank to returend that funds back to the sender bank.

I contacted upwork support for this issue initially they told me that they will provide me update in 24 to 48 hours. I contacted again after 48 hours again they told me to wait. I contacted on daily basis to got update its now 168 hours still when I contact to support they just tell me to wait wait & wait. Nobody is telling me the actual reason.

oDesk was providing excellent service then (So Called) upwork. 

Any one on this forum can help me for getting solution on this issue?

Is there any other solution other then WAITING??

What should I do other then waiting???

2 of 6

I withdrawl was not my first withdrawl. I have transferred my fund into this account atleast more than 15 times so there should be no reason in getting this payment into my bank account.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 6

Hi Kumair,

I am sorry about the delay. It looks like the deposit was rejected. I have followed up with our Finance Team and they are still waiting for the funds to come back in order to credit them back to your Upwork account. Please, check the message in the ticket from Saturday for more details.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
4 of 6

Hi Valeria,

Thankyou very much for reply.

First of all my bank provided me documents regarding they haven't rejected my funds. They got message form sender bank to returned back that transaction (I have provided those document to the support team which I got from bank so they can investigate fastly).

Secondly there should be no reason for rejction because I haven't withdrawl 1st time in this account. I have transferred my fund into this same account atleast more than 15 times so there no space of rejection of this payment from my bank. 

A question:

How much time refund takes?

Thanks.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
5 of 6

Withdrawals go automatically to the banking system and what happens to them once they are in the banking system is completely outside Upwork's control or responsibility, so your rant about how useless the Schedule Payment System is is both unfair and incorrect.

Things can go wrong between banks, especially when there are intermediary banks and payment processors. Data gets corrupted and things can have hickups.

Basically you will need to wait until the funds find their way back to your Upwork account, which will take time and can not be made faster by Upwork or anyone. They can do traces but those will not make anything go any faster.

Other reports in similar circumstances would indicate that it can take between a few days and a few weeks for the money to get back depending on the circumstances.

6 of 6

Thank you for explaining me in such an excellent way.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS