bgreek65

Scheduled Maintenance On The Last Day of The Month

Really ODesk, and then reset the connects while the maintenance is going on?  How many other ways can this site frustrate the freelancer???

9 REPLIES 9
computerhxr

I don't think that it was "scheduled"... Cat Sad

I'm just happy I entered my time before the crash.

@Daniel C wrote:

I don't think that it was "scheduled"... Cat Sad

I'm just happy I entered my time before the crash.

I have now planned to do all work before 6pm so that I don't have to worry about losing work or time or money. That's kind of sad because as a freelancer, I love that I can work whenever I want. Now I've got the outage guillotine poised and ready to ..... you know the rest.  

lol got my time in right before the crash too. Man that sucked. Didn't get my withdraw in though. boo

hodgesh

Your connects were reset? I have the same number that I had beforehand.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris,

I've checked and see your Connects Balance is showing the correct number of Connects. 

Untitled

Vlad,

I made a withdrawal request moments before the outage to my Payoneer card. I received the confirmation email about the transaction but never received the money. In normal cases it takes a few minutes for the amount to reach my Payoneer account.

I got in touch with Customer Support and they said the transaction is still processing and they'll escalate the issue to their payment department which means emails. They also said they'll mark the issue as top priority. The last time I contacted support and said they'll mark an issue as top priority took about a month to get resolved.

Can you please assist with this issue? The transaction ID is: 75980271

If I need to wait email support I know it'll take ages. Thanks a lot.

Hi Wassim,

I see your case has already been escalated to the appropriate team. You'll need to wait until the transaction is reviewed before we can confirm if everything is in order. Unfortunately I can't assist you with this but somebody from our team will follow up with you shortly.

Untitled

No, it is not.  I had some connects from January that I had planned to use to apply for several jobs before the 1st.  When I signed on to use them, I got the "scheduled maintenance" response, which lasted for hours.  When I was finally able to sign on, I had two hours before the date change, and the connects were reset, thus losing out on several opportunities to use those connects before the monthly refresh.  

@Chris K wrote:

No, it is not.  I had some connects from January that I had planned to use to apply for several jobs before the 1st.  When I signed on to use them, I got the "scheduled maintenance" response, which lasted for hours.  When I was finally able to sign on, I had two hours before the date change, and the connects were reset, thus losing out on several opportunities to use those connects before the monthly refresh.  

I actually do this as well. If at the end of the month I have a bunch of connects (and I usually do), I use them to apply to a bunch of lowball editing jobs with a higher rate. My connects don't rollover so I figure I might as well use them up.

Of course, even doing this, I rarely use them all up.