🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Screen Capture Not Working
Page options
alexis-arinze
Community Member

Screen Capture Not Working

I'm attempting to use UpWork's time tracker for the first time and the screen capture keeps only taking pictures of my homescreen. I'm on WordPress and have like 7 open tabs and it's not taking pictures of any of that. Is there anything I need to fix in my settings to resolve this issue? I'd hate for my client to think I'm not making progress because of the misleading screenshots.

AC9ECB5A-58C6-4F52-8A9D-11E41B72422B_1_105_c.jpeg

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexis,

Could you, please refer to these help articles for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexis,

Could you, please refer to these help articles for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I figured out the issue. Thanks.

Well... how did you figure it out? 

Hi Lyndon,

You can try to reinstall the Desktop or even download the beta version. If you're still experiencing the same problem on your end after this, feel free to follow up here with details about your operating system. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
systudio
Community Member

Hello there,

My screen capture is not working well - it's taking screenshots of my desktop while I'm working in photoshop?
I tried reinstaling the app and restarting computer, nothing worked.
Thank you

S

Hi Simona,

Could you please try the tips shared in this help article? Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
zoeadel
Community Member

Hey Alexis,

are you using a Mac?

If so you need to go into the settings and give the app permission - I had the same problem and found it happens with any app that wants to share screen - Zoom or other conferencing apps will do the same 🙂

Zoe

zoeadel
Community Member

duh I just saw you resolved this!

astan073
Community Member

Thanks for sharing. I was just searching for a solution to the same problem... Apple... Smiley Frustrated

phrasewrite
Community Member

If you are on a Mac, here is how you do it:

https://www.wikihow.com/Change-Application-Permissions-on-a-Mac

This article omits the very last click you need to do. Click on the Screen Recording icon (reddish-orange) located in the left column, then look for the Upwork app in the box to right. Check the box next to Upwork. Close UPWORK and restart the Upwork app for the change to take place.

If  you cannot check the box next to the Upwork app (grayed out), then click the little gold padlock on the bottom left of the little screen.

BONUS NOTE: This is the time to solve it for Zoom if you experience similar issues there :-0

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths