🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Screen capture issue
Page options
chiticflorin
Community Member

Screen capture issue

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 8.21.10 AM.png

Good morning, I just joined 2 days ago and I noticed that no matter the option I choose in between the 2 settings from the tracker I keep getting this as screenshots no matter what I have opened.

Can someone help me with this?

Regards,

Florin

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Preston wrote:

The time tracker is taking screenshots. Isn't that what is supposed to do?

It is supposed to be taking screenshots of the work being done, not of an empty desktop and itself.

So no, it obviously isn't doing what it is supposed to do.

Is there a specific problem that you can describe in words? Because when I look at the image you uploaded, it looks fine.

It is perfectly obvious! And it doesn't look fine at all! The tracker only takes screenshots of the desktop and the tracker itself, not of the work being done. He described it perfectly. His work isn't showing. He even reiterated it and you completely ignored it. If his client looks at the screenshots, he or she will think Florin is tracking time staring at an empty desktop and a tracker hour after hour. 

The problem is related to Catalina, and the permissions to take screenshots.

Florin, the way to fix it is to delete the tracker, then download this beta version of the app which includes a build that should resolve the issue, then give the app permission to take screenshots of the actually open applications / windows when prompted.

If that doesn't fix it, try the steps in this post

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Is there a specific problem that you can describe in words? Because when I look at the image you uploaded, it looks fine.

Well, should this not take screenshots of whatever app I have on and I work? Just asking as this doesn't make a lot of sense to screen the chat of the tracker.

Florin, the tool takes screenshots at random times. But it only takes screenshots of your actual screen.

If you don't like a particular screenshot, you may use the work diary tool to delete that screenshot and the associated ten minute time segment.

Thank you!

Preston wrote:

It is supposed to be taking screenshots of the work being done, not of an empty desktop and itself.

So no, it obviously isn't doing what it is supposed to do.

It is perfectly obvious! And it doesn't look fine at all! The tracker only takes screenshots of the desktop and the tracker itself, not of the work being done. He described it perfectly. His work isn't showing. He even reiterated it and you completely ignored it. If his client looks at the screenshots, he or she will think Florin is tracking time staring at an empty desktop and a tracker hour after hour. 

The problem is related to Catalina, and the permissions to take screenshots.

Florin, the way to fix it is to delete the tracker, then download this beta version of the app which includes a build that should resolve the issue, then give the app permission to take screenshots of the actually open applications / windows when prompted.

If that doesn't fix it, try the steps in this post

Brilliant Petra. Much appreciated for the answer. now it works like a charm.

Florin C wrote:

Brilliant Petra. Much appreciated for the answer. now it works like a charm.

Glad to hear it 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths