cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshot taken but the time tracker is not uploading--urgent!

Community Guru
Jiang C Member Since: Dec 8, 2013
1 of 9
Time tracker keeps saying that the cache is 50%, 75%..., but it's not uploading the screenshots to odesk. What can I do? Shall I stop working and wait for it to upload or is there any way that I can upload them manually? Thanks!
Community Guru
2 of 9
no more time will be tracked...Does that mean I won't get paid if I continue working?
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 9
Hello Jiang! I am sorry for the problem you are experiencing. Please create a ticket from within the tracker and include logs so that Support can look into it for you.
~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
4 of 9
done.
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
5 of 9
Hi Jiang, The Team app is able to cache up to two hours of work, so stop working right now without logging out from the app, and try to refresh your internet. Once you do this, the cached time will be uploaded again. If you have offline cache and have already logged out, then don't clear the cache when you log back in. Just click on the upload option. I am not sure how much offline cache it can recover, so stop working until everything is uploaded. To be on the safe side, if Live Chat is available, contact support for help. Leave the Team app open during this time. Otherwise, you can also create a ticket from within the Team App. Just go to Help -> Submit a Help Ticket. This is a previous reply from one of the mods: [quote]Only the time that has been cached will get uploaded once you get internet access again. Don't work until the cached time has been uploaded as the tracker wont record anymore screenshots hence there will be no track of that time on your work diary.[/quote] I hope this helps.
Community Guru
6 of 9
I think I've lost several hours work. Nothing was uploaded this morning. Then in the afternoon, some of them were uploaded.I thought it was fixed, but then nothing was uploaded after 4~pm. The client needs the files for tomorrow's meeting, so I had to complete it anyway. I've tried to log in and off several times, didn't seem help. I've sent a ticket to the help desk, and it says I should get feedback within one day.
Community Guru
7 of 9
[quote=Natasa R.]Hi Jiang, If you have offline cache and have already logged out, then don't clear the cache when you log back in. Just click on the upload option. I hope this helps.[/quote] Hi Natasa,where is the upload button? I couldn't find it anywhere.
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
8 of 9
You will see this option when you try to log back in after you have worked in caching mode. You will be asked if you want to upload offline tracked time. Click yes (or upload, I don't remember exactly what it says). Always upload, never clear the cache until your time is uploaded. I am so sorry to hear you lost hours Jiang. Next time this happens again (trust me, it will happen again), remember what I told you: stop your work, don't log out from the Team app and refresh the internet. The team app will cache up to two hours of work, so try to not exceed that. If you are still not sure what to do, submit a ticket from within the team app. Here is more information about this (see where it says "The Team App went into caching (offline) mode"). Funny it doesn't mention anything about the dialog box that pops up when you log back in. Here is how to submit a ticket from within the Team app and how to include logs, step by step.
Community Guru
9 of 9
Hi Natasa, Thanks for the links! Yes, I saw that option and clicked that many times. Nothing has happened. I've submitted a ticket through time tracker. Hope they can fix it from their side. Guess I'll take today off Smiley Very Happy
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS