cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Screenshots with WebCam clarification

bpcbalderas
Bianca Pearl B Member Since: Mar 7, 2017
1 of 15

Hi, It is my first time to use facial snap shots (WebCam) in Upwork Time Tracker app. I checked the box with "Take camera shots with screenshots while tracking" and chose high camera resolution with WebCam source (0402:7675). As I was working on with my task, the time tracker app did screenshots together with my facial snap shot just like the usual. As soon as I finished the task, I checked my working diary and saw my facial shots (just like in the time tracker). But when I try to click each screenshot, it doesn't include my facial shots. Is it a different app/link (the screenshot of the work and the webcam/facial snap shots)? My employer said that I was not having camera shots and I need to fix it (WebCam) as a requirement for my job application. 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 15

Hi Bianca,

To clarify, you're referring to two different screenshot. One is taken by the Desktop app and shows your computer screen, with additional information about your keyboard and mouse activity. The snapshot you enabled is taken by your computer camera and is directed at you. Please note that the screenshot taken by the Upwork Desktop app is required in order to qualify for Hourly Payment Protection and using the camera snapshot is optional and something you can speak about with your client. To reiterate, the app's screenshot shows what you're working on at the moment it is taken while the camera snapshot shows you sitting in from of your computer.

The camera snapshot is displayed over the app's screenshot by design, as they are taken at the same time, and opening a segment in full view will only display the app's screenshot.

Please communicate with your client and let me know if they need further clarification regarding this difference and advice on how to review your Work Diary.

Untitled
bpcbalderas
Bianca Pearl B Member Since: Mar 7, 2017
3 of 15

Hi Vladimir,

This helps a lot. Thank you so much.

noemigangel
Noemi G Member Since: Apr 5, 2017
4 of 15

Hi Vladimir,

I don't remember wether I granted permission for the app to take webcam photos. If I don't see any when reviewing my work diary, (only snapshots of my computer screen, activity etc) it means, the app doesn't take webcam photos of me?

Thank you,

Noemi

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 15

Unless you have set it to take webcam shots, it will not take them.

If you don't see them in your work diary, they were not 

taken.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 15

Hi Noemi,

Yes, that is correct. You can also confirm by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app's window > go to Settings > Camera and check if the box next to this option is ticked or not.

Untitled
babita-begum
Babita B Member Since: Mar 1, 2017
7 of 15

how will I get camera snapshot apps. please tell me. 

babita-begum
Babita B Member Since: Mar 1, 2017
8 of 15

how will I get camera snapshot apps. please tell me. 

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 15

Hi Babita, 

You may download the Upwork Desktop App here, and go to the App's Settings > Camera for the app to take camera shots with screenshots while tracking your time. 

~ Avery
Upwork
tepps
Tanja E Member Since: Dec 26, 2014
10 of 15

So camera shots is the same as webcam?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS