Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrolling messages

gnakeur
Community Guru
Giorgi N Member Since: Dec 5, 2015
1 of 8

Is there any method to scroll messages to the beginning? I often have to navigate to first messages with my clients and often there are many messages so I have to press page up 20-30 times to get there. It would be nice to have a possibility to scroll to top immediately. But now it just loads a couple of messages in descending order each time I reach the top.

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 8

Yeah ... agree that the message room could use some work. I think someone mentioned this issue, but don't remember the response. Have you done a search in the forums?

gnakeur
Community Guru
Giorgi N Member Since: Dec 5, 2015
3 of 8

There were many threads with reporting problems when no messages load, but I failed to find the thread with the question I have.

It would be nice to have a possibility to change order of messages from/to descending/ascending orders.

mtngigi
Community Guru
4 of 8

I agree - the message room is not as elegant as E's rooms were. The scrolling thing is beyond frustrating.

I just tried to find a thread about your issue ... no luck. Hopefully a mod will come along.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 8

One of my clients has at least four message rooms - it takes hours . . .

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 8

Hi Giorgi and Virginia,

Currently, there is no way to jump to the first message in a room other than scrolling or using the search field.

I'll share your question and suggestions with the team.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Guru
7 of 8

Could you also address this with the team - the message window at the very bottom of the screen. It would be nice to be able to scroll it up to eye level. This drives me crazy (admittedly not a long road trip) ... but maybe it doesn't bother anyone else.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 8

Virginia,

Are you referring to the actual message field being at the bottom? I don't think there are any plans to change the design of the page that has sent message at the top and the field for new message at the bottom.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS