Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sculpting my cover letters???

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
11 of 14

@Jennifer D wrote:

Ron: as a client, I have found it frustrating that from a proposal there's no way to directly access a freelancer's full profile. I have to either message them (and can then access it from the messages system) or save the profile and then access it from my saved freelancers list. So, if you're including a link to your Upwork profile in your proposal, that's going to save your potential clients a step, if they do want to see yours.

I don't know why they had to remove this. I was hoping it was a bug when I first noticed this change.

CS:

Yes, we confirm that the profile link of the applicant is no longer posted on his job application.

Robot Frustrated

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
12 of 14

I must have missed the memo ... when did this take affect? I've been directing clients to look at my profile/portfolio, all this time thinking they had easy access from within my bid.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
13 of 14

@Virginia F wrote:

I must have missed the memo ... when did this take affect? I've been directing clients to look at my profile/portfolio, all this time thinking they had easy access from within my bid.

@Virginia F wrote:

The question has come up in threads a few times, and Valeria has consistently said that all's fair once you make initial contact through Upwork by submitting a bid. I'll see if I can find one, but it usually comes up as a side note (like this) so perhaps she'll stop by and verify here.

lonewulf
Ace Contributor
Tasos F Member Since: Dec 18, 2012
14 of 14

Would it be wise to use something like tinyurl when linking my profile on the cover letter as the profile links can be long and not sure it's best practice to use a lot of words in cover letter?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS