🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Search tags and key words in description not ...
Page options
9793883b
Community Member

Search tags and key words in description not showing up in searches

Hi !

I've created a project with some search tags that are also in my description. 
When I use the search function to look for projects it doesn't show up.

Ex.

I have the search tag 'punk mix', and it's also in the description for the project.  Yet I don't show up with 

the 25 other projects when searching. The only way I can find my project is through searching for 

my profile name 'jonas b'.

Thankful for any help!

9 REPLIES 9
50f7abd3
Community Member

Hello Jonas,

If you've just created the project/consultation, it has to get approved first. That can take a day or two and you should get an email saying your project has been approved. 

Hey Ubah

Thanks for the reply ! It has been approved and it is active, I can also find it by searching for my name. But none of the search tags seems to be working when I try to search for the project.

celgins
Community Member

I can see your project for three searches: Skill Category/Tag: Mixing & Mastering; Skill Category/Tag: Sound Mixing; Keyword search: "punk". Also note: I never used Location: Sweden in search criteria.

celgins_0-1705410509144.png

A few things to consider:

1) You mention the phrase "punk mix" but that phrase is not in your project description nor in your profile description. I used the word "punk" to search and found your project. As noted above, I also found your project using Upwork's predefined skill categories/tags: Mixing & Mastering and Sound Mixing.

2) Finding your project or profile in any search results can be a challenge or it can be easy. There are thousands of sound designers with thousands of projects on Upwork. Search results for projects and profiles are not static, and will rotate often. This means, your project may appear within the first 25 projects or somewhere within the first 250 projects when a client searches.

9793883b
Community Member

Hey!

Thanks for replying!

1) I have punk mix as a search tag but now I also added it to the descprition. What I can't understand is when I look at the results when for some of the projects when searching for 'punk mix' they don't have more than 'punk' in their description either but stil show up.

2) I do understand this that's why I'm trying to understand why my specific search tag doesn't work

Sorry for the bother just triyng to understand what the search tag is for and how to setup the project in a way that's specific and easy to find.

9793883b
Community Member

Just tried it again and when I added it in the exakt phrasing in the description it now works! Guess I'll just do that if it works. Thanks!

celgins
Community Member

Yes, but you must consider how clients will search for you or your projects. Meaning, do you forsee clients typing in "punk mix" as a keyphrase to search for sound mixing engineers who work with punk music?

Regarding your 1), maybe they have the skill categories "Punk" or "Hardcore Punk" selected in their profile skills list?

Also, I'm curious as to the location of the "punk mix" tag you mentioned. You added the exact phrase to your project description, but where did you have "punk mix" in your project before? I don't see "punk mix" as a skill category.

Regarding your 2), thousands of freelancers have the same skill categories/tags selected, so projects will show up based on Upwork's sorting. As noted above, this fluctuates, so your project will move up and down in search results for those predefined skill categories/tags.

9793883b
Community Member

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 17.01.48.png
This is where I found the tags search tags in the project overview.

Best Regards,
Jonas

celgins
Community Member

Got it.

I have not updated a project item in a while and forgot about the optional search tags.

9793883b
Community Member

Alright thank you for you help!

Best Regards,

//Jonas

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members