🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Second Freelancer didn't complete the task
Page options
884e51a6
Community Member

Second Freelancer didn't complete the task

I joined upwork couple month ago to create an online cosultancy site with Wordpress. I prepared a solid basis: project brief, plugins, plattform etc. First I gave an unexperienced freelancer (no feedback, no earnings) a chance to accomplish the task "create an appointment booking page". He wasn´t able to comlete the task and I finished the contract. Learned from this bitter experience (I do not like loosing my precios time), I took a high professional freelancer with 12 years experence on upwork. He is a very busy guy, so I doubled the time to comlete the task (12 days, instead of 5). I waited and kept the contact to this guy. On deadline day he finished the contract without having any job done. So I lost a month of my time to create an appointment booking page. What I can do better? 

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Julia S wrote:

What I can do better? 

Are you paying the kind of money that attracts the better freelancers? Sounds like the first person wasn't experiencd enough and the second was too busy with (maybe better paying) other work.

kinector
Community Member

Julia, when hiring freelancers your key questions are:
- Is this this person able to do the job? (The track record will tell that in most cases.)
- Is this person interested in doing YOUR project? (That's your gut feeling after the interview.)
- Will this person be happy about doing this project for you? (Some may fake it, but in most cases you can easily tell.)
- Will this person appreciate the money you will pay? (If you pay top dollar prices, those charging top dollars fees will most likely appreciate it. And then you have the majority of people...)

You should aim to have 4/4 on that checklist. There is much more to it, of course, but that should cover the essentials. Only 3 out of 4... you're taking your chances.
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julia,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members