🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Second Milestone activated by client mistaken...
Page options
okghoury
Community Member

Second Milestone activated by client mistakenly

Upwork i'm in trouble now. I completed the first milestone for my client, after she accepting the milestone, she activated the another milestone by mistake and now she wants a refund that amount which is in escrow. I now i have to refund that amount but the problem i want to now that my job success score will become down after i refund that amount without completing the milestone which was mistakenly activated by her? Waiting of your worth-full response

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It is fine!

Refunds DO NOT HURT your JSS.

Zero-pay contracts hurt JSS.

The amounts of a refund don't even matter.
You could have a client fund a $1000 fixed-price contract and the client decides to not have you go forward with the work. If you refunded $999, the JSS would still be happy.

Getting paid for a first milestone and refunding a second milestone is no big deal.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
robin_hyman
Community Member

Since you have been paid for this project there will be no effect to your JSS by refunding the second milestone. Of course if she gives you a bad review (public or private) your JSS will suffer.

It is fine!

Refunds DO NOT HURT your JSS.

Zero-pay contracts hurt JSS.

The amounts of a refund don't even matter.
You could have a client fund a $1000 fixed-price contract and the client decides to not have you go forward with the work. If you refunded $999, the JSS would still be happy.

Getting paid for a first milestone and refunding a second milestone is no big deal.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths