🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Second login for virtual assistant?
Page options
reno9843
Community Member

Second login for virtual assistant?

Quick question but first the background. I have a virtual assistance that I would really like to assist me in bidding for jobs and responding to clients in my Freelance account. I've been on Upwork for years and need a little help now. I know with a platform like WordPress I can create a separate managing account that will grant my virtual assistant access to update my website, etc. That said, I do not want to violoate any ToS on Upwork so what would be the best solution (if any) to allow my virtual assistant manage the clerical work on my account, e.g., bid on my behalf, respond to my clients, etc? Would an agency account handle this? I'm not familiar with the capabilities of the agency account. Any assistance to this question and quandary would be most helpful. Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sjbercot
Community Member

Only you can ever log in to and use your account. The agency and team features are made for either associations of freelancers or clients, not to hire someone to run your profile. I don't think there is a feature for what you're asking for. Upwork intends that freelancer profiles represent them, and that you would be the one bidding and responding to inquiries.

You could hire a VA to manage your communication off-platform after you've secured contracts, but they wouldn't be able to bid on jobs and have pre-contract discussions for you. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sjbercot
Community Member

Only you can ever log in to and use your account. The agency and team features are made for either associations of freelancers or clients, not to hire someone to run your profile. I don't think there is a feature for what you're asking for. Upwork intends that freelancer profiles represent them, and that you would be the one bidding and responding to inquiries.

You could hire a VA to manage your communication off-platform after you've secured contracts, but they wouldn't be able to bid on jobs and have pre-contract discussions for you. 

" I don't think there is a feature for what you're asking for." Okay..that's what I figured. Just checking! Thanks!

PradeepH

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your message. 

Hiring a virtual assistant to bid on jobs for you would need your assistant to log into your Upwork account, this would lead to a violation of our TOS. You can create an agency where you can add your colleague as a business manager who can apply for jobs for your agency without accessing your Upwork account. You can refer to our Trust & Safety page for working safely through Upwork.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members