cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second time this issue has come up for me.

Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
1 of 9

First time was a decline job offer sent to me but it was about someone else. I didn't really see that right off though. 

Today I rec'd a pm from another freelancer that said job declined but it was for  me. He had applied to the same job so he's concerned. 

Why is this happening? (not sure if this is rhetorical or not.lol)

Was it actually me or was it the other freelancer that was denied? 

This is a bit irksome Upwork. 

Is it Upwork's fault or is it the client's doing? 

What with recent goings on... I'm leaning towards the former being the culprit and no one can be offended by that.. although they might..and I might have some editing by Upwork done.. hey. sounds like I'm having my hair styled by one of the famous mucky muck hair designers doesn't it? (oh and i originally wanted to put poo poo, but it's gonna get edited. lol) 

What's the dilio Upwileo? 

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
2 of 9

This sounds like a serious security issue. Maybe the mods will comment but I would "try" to tell support about it.

Community Guru
3 of 9

I'm not sure what it is but its sounding ominous now. 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 9

I really hope this isn't what it sounds like.

Community Guru
5 of 9

what does it sound like Jennifer?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 9

Hi Mariska,

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate the communication you are referring to. Could you please submit a support ticket with details about what job posting you are referring to and links or screenshots of the messages you received? They will check it for you and I will follow up if necessary.

Sorry about the confusion and inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
7 of 9

Hi Valeria

I didn't get the info because they sent it to someone else. I don't even know what job post it was for. I did advise to get this to cs because this person sounded concerned as well. They might be in a different time zone so I might hear back tomorrow morning hopefully.

Any idea what could have happened in the message relay from client to freelancer?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 9

Hi Mariska,

It could happen if the client created a room and added you and the other freelancer to it. I wasn't able to find the room and the message from the client and the other freelancer you were referring to though. It's best to submit a ticket where you are able to share private information and links.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
9 of 9

Will do Valeria! 

I thought I'd hear back from the person who emailed me by now but I guess I'll contact support tomorrow then. 

If I were in a room though, wouldn't I know it?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS