🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Security and terms of service
Page options
nschaldach
Community Member

Security and terms of service

I am being asked to send ID to client and also told DO NOT use Upwork Tracker to log activity. Only enter your hours manually

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nina,

Please, be careful not to share any private or sensitive information with clients on Upwork. All the information needed to hire and pay you via Upwork is available on your profile. Clients may ask you to sign NDA but you can let them know that some information they request can't be shared for privacy reasons.

Also, please note that manually added hours are not covered by Upwork hourly protection, unlike the hours you logged using the Upwork time tracker App.

Kindly, discuss this with your Client further in order to achieve mutual agreement.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Should I give you the client's name so you can investigate?

re: "Should I give you the client's name so you can investigate?"

You may click on the name of the Forum moderator (Bojan), and then send him a private message with the client's name.

petra_r
Community Member

Nina S wrote:

I am being asked to send ID to client and also told DO NOT use Upwork Tracker to log activity. Only enter your hours manually

Don't do either.

A client does not need your ID and there is no protection for manual hours. A client who specifically asks you NOT to use the tracker wants to either not pay you, or hold open the option of not paying you.

Run the other way. Fast.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths