cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See current bids feature

Community Guru
Olivier P Member Since: May 25, 2015
1 of 7

Is somebody who has the paid memebership can tell us if the feature where you can see the current bids on a job ( high, low,average) is very useful or not ? I feel it is maybe a good clue about prices range but maybe too an easy way to drop your price . how are your feelings ?

Community Guru
Andrea B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
2 of 7

Good point Oliver. I'm not a paid member, but I had the same thought.

And in any case it always depends on how much the client is willing to pay. If I'm dealing with a cheap client and his starting budget is lower than my expectations (and if I can't make him change his mind)... well in this case I don't even need to see the current bids!

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
3 of 7

I have a paid membership, but the high/low isn't much help to me because I charge the same no matter what everyone else is charging.  I mainly have it because I see it as a very small investment and I like having the rollover connects options.  The thing is I haven't really used it either because I am so covered in work I don't need to apply.  I have 186 connects sitting there in my account looking pretty.  lolol

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Mabel P Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
4 of 7

I just changed the plan, I didnt find it very useful when it comes to the range of prices, it would be very helpful if it allow you to see the offer for each freelancer not like in general. On the other side it is good because of the rollover connects.

Ace Contributor
Priyanka K Member Since: Jun 15, 2015
5 of 7

I have paid membership also but it only for rollover connect. 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 7

I only use it for rollover. I bid my rate no matter what.

It's a tax writeoff anyway, and it's a good way to pad connects during slower months when you need to bid more.

Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
7 of 7

I tried out the paid membership in January because I was curious about seeing the bids, and seeing how helpful it could really be to me. I wound up cancelling the membership and going back to being a free member.

It really wasn't that useful. As many other people here, I bid the same as I always do, regardless of other people's rates. 

The rollover feature really wasn't even that useful to me either, to be honest - though I can see how it would be good for some contractors. As a free member, I still rarely deplete the total connects that I get in a month, so I highly doubt I'd really need the extras from being a paid member or the rollovers.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS