🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Seeking constructive criticism
Page options
thamsanqandlovu
Community Member

Seeking constructive criticism

Hello guys, 

I joined UpWork in mid-April because I lost my job due to the current coronavirus health crisis. I am a market researcher. I have completed a few jobs and would like to get more consistent work. May you please review my profile and suggest some improvements as well as share tips on how to land contracts? I am also looking to get the certifications such as rising talent and a success score. I would greatly appreciate any constructive input. Thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dzadza
Community Member

Welcome 😉
I  checked your profile and to me it looks good - and you already have 4 completed projects, so you can expect job success score percentage to show up pretty soon. I see you already familiarized yourself with basics (don't work until you're hired is the most important one). Do not accept any "I will mail you a check to buy our software" kind of "proposals" from so called clients. You'll find that UW can be a nice place to earn money 😉

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dzadza
Community Member

Welcome 😉
I  checked your profile and to me it looks good - and you already have 4 completed projects, so you can expect job success score percentage to show up pretty soon. I see you already familiarized yourself with basics (don't work until you're hired is the most important one). Do not accept any "I will mail you a check to buy our software" kind of "proposals" from so called clients. You'll find that UW can be a nice place to earn money 😉

Hi Sanja, thank you for your feedback. I appreciate that. So the JSS comes up after the 5th job and not six months down the line?

Upwork is deliberately vague on the specifics of how the job success score is calculated with the stated intent of making it harder to game or exploit the rating system.

So long as you've done work for multiple clients along the way, you'll most likely receive a score after about five completed jobs. However, the score updates only once every two weeks. Once you've completed enough jobs to receive a score, you'll still need to wait for the next scheduled update for it to show.

The "My Stats" page will show you when the score was last updated.

Thanks for clarifying my concern. It seems my next update will be on the 10th of May. Much appreciated
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members