🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Seeking help about sob success score
Page options
asma_mahmud_mo64
Community Member

Seeking help about sob success score

Hi,

Recently, one of my clients has given me feedback 3.00 after payment. I instantly give refund on him. Even, the Upwork team didn't get the chance to get their service charge. Then, my job success score has inclined from 88% to 70% within one night. I am so shocked. Now, it becomes tough for me to get new jobs. I become frustrated. Please, help me with what I will do now?  How to increase the job success rate and how to get new jobs. Please, help me, guys!!!

2 REPLIES 2
heatherfugate
Community Member

Asma Mahmud M wrote:

Hi,

Recently, one of my clients has given me feedback 3.00 after payment. I instantly give refund on him. Even, the Upwork team didn't get the chance to get their service charge. Then, my job success score has inclined from 88% to 70% within one night. I am so shocked. Now, it becomes tough for me to get new jobs. I become frustrated. Please, help me with what I will do now?  How to increase the job success rate and how to get new jobs. Please, help me, guys!!!

Hi Asma, when you give a client a refund for work that you provide it only takes away the public feedback and not the negative private feedback. So the negative private feedback is what dropped your JSS. As for raising your JSS score it looks like you have some jobs in progress that you have a chance of raising your score with positive feedback. 

Heather F wrote:

So the negative private feedback is what dropped your JSS. 

The negative feedback on that one job is not what made her JSS drop that drastically.

The negative feedback might have contributed, yes, but it dropped that much because the contract became a zero earnings contract.

Moving forward, Asma, to avoid suffering another incident like this, stop refunding clients up and down.

When you enter into a contract with a client, make sure you earn money from that contract.

Even with bad feedback, but earn money on the contract.

If you had earned something but with negative feedback, probably the JSS might have dropped by, say 3% max.

But look where refunding got you, a whooping 18% drop!

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths