🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Seeking help from the Upwork community
Page options
a20f00c0
Community Member

Seeking help from the Upwork community

Hi all,  I am a freelancer who created my profile on Upwork last year and was lucky enough to get a project with 5star ratings. However, for some reason, I didn't use Upwork for a while, and now that I am back, I'm facing some challenges.

I have been sending proposals to potential clients, but I am not getting any responses or projects. I am wondering if any of you have been in a similar situation and have any tips or advice on how I can improve my chances of getting hired.

I would be grateful if anyone could share their experiences, advice or tips. Also, if anyone is willing to take a look at my profile and provide feedback, I would be more than happy to receive it.

Thank you in advance for your help and support. I believe that we can learn a lot from each other and grow together as a community.

2 REPLIES 2
d9fc6d8d
Community Member

Your proposals are likely not enticing enough for the clients to open them. Work on that.

celgins
Community Member

Adeel,

There are more than 100 posts in these Forums about the lack of responses to proposals. Many freelancers are having trouble getting hired.

Upwork added more than 2 million freelancers over the past year and more are joining the site everyday, so competition has increased, which means fewer profile views and lower hire rates. This also affects Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus, so the pain is being shared across the marketplace.

Also, Upwork has noted that clients are more cautious and taking much longer to spend these days which contributes to the lower response rates.

With regards to your profile, there is nothing wrong it, but competition among graphic designers is high on Upwork. My two suggestions are:

• Add a project catalog, if you have not already. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can choose to buy, without you sending a proposal. The review and approval process will take a minimum of 10 days though. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

• You should also add short job descriptions for each job in your employment history.

Other than that, keep applying to jobs by writing great cover letters. Always create a custom cover letter based on the client's specific job requirements. Focus on the client's needs and requirements; highlight your qualifications; and tell the client how you will meet their needs.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members