🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Seems I am about to be scammed as a freelance...
Page options
qualitystudio
Community Member

Seems I am about to be scammed as a freelancer

I am work oning on a Package design project for this client
we agreed on 4 milestones for the project $20 each, $80 in total
I have submited for the first milestone as agree which she released payement

Then I made submission for the second milestone which she refused to release the payent as agreed, even though she cofirmed she is satisfied with the second milestone

Withing the last 24 hours we have had a number of chat conversation, in which I have notified her three time to release payment for the last milestone and initiate the next milestone but she never respond
though I thought maybe she did not see the message unit I sent this last message [screenshot attached] and she responded that I send it to her withiout activating the milestone.

Kindly advise me appropriately because I have a feeling that this client is try to play me or something like that an I don't want to be on upwork black book due to my ignorance or non challant. 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Oyeniran, the short answer is just don't send anything related to an unfunded milestone if you want to avoid being scammed. Most of the clients on Upwork are trustworthy [or at least whom I dealt with ], but there is nothing wrong with protecting your effort.

Just ask about why the last milestone was rejected, and apply any needed modifications. I think your last message made it obvious that you need the milestone to be funded. Your client might have forgotten or even didn't see your message. You can notify your client politely that you need the next milestone to be funded to start working and avoid any delay in the project.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Oyeniran, the short answer is just don't send anything related to an unfunded milestone if you want to avoid being scammed. Most of the clients on Upwork are trustworthy [or at least whom I dealt with ], but there is nothing wrong with protecting your effort.

Just ask about why the last milestone was rejected, and apply any needed modifications. I think your last message made it obvious that you need the milestone to be funded. Your client might have forgotten or even didn't see your message. You can notify your client politely that you need the next milestone to be funded to start working and avoid any delay in the project.

JoanneP

Hi Oyeniran,

Could you please share more information via PM so I can also check this for you? Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members