🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Seems like client went out the map and the co...
Page options
anagabrielle_b
Community Member

Seems like client went out the map and the contract is on hold, what'd happen with my earned money?

First timer at Upwork and my first employer just disappears after payment withdrawal on this Friday. I will copy and paste the email I sent to the Upwork team today: 

Hi there, I'm contacting you in regard to my first contract on the platform. I did work from Monday 15-Thursday18 and by Friday before the start of my shift at 8 am MST I received a notification stating that the contract was paused due to payment verification. I made a total of 20 hours this week due to $100 that are on hold. As a new member who is very thrilled to have success within your platform, I would love to receive further assistance in this matter.

Any help on how to take action?

2 REPLIES 2
yitwail
Community Member

Anagabrielle, if you worked 20 hours this week, and used time tracker, and your work diary shows appopriate screenshots, memos, and keyboard activity, then you'll be able to withdraw your earnings next week, so the only action you should take is stop working on the contract until the contract in no longer on hold. But if you recorded hours manually, then you probably won't be paid.

Hi Anagabrielle,

I checked your account, and it looks like your contract is temporarily on hold because your client needs to fix an issue with their account. Our team is already working to assist your client with this. In the meantime, please do not continue working on the contract. Once the issue is resolved, you will be notified so you can continue working on the project. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members