🐈 Community
katrinabeaver

Seems like the messaging system isn't the only thing buggy tonight

I just went to withdraw my earnings at 6pm CST just like I have every week for years, and boom nothing.  It says I do not have a balance.  Guess the team is going to have a long night.  Give them some coffee oDesk lolol.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amlord

Don't forget we just had Daylights Savings time in Central time, whereas UTC does not change time, so it has not reached midnight there yet. Same thing on Sunday, the week used to end/begin at 6:00pm CT Sunday but now it's 7:00pm CT.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
suznee

Weird I have never seen it available before 5 pm PST. But maybe it is with your time zone. I had always thought it was available according to UTC time, but I guess I will find out in awhile won't I.

pandoraharper

@Katrina B wrote:

I just went to withdraw my earnings at 6pm CST just like I have every week for years, and boom nothing.  It says I do not have a balance.  Guess the team is going to have a long night.  Give them some coffee oDesk lolol.  

Katrina, you might want to try logging out and back in again. I've had that problem a time or 2, but logging out and back in solved the problem.

On the other hand, with all the things going wrong today, who is to say what is going on. I usually withdraw right around now each week, but I'm going to wait until 6 pm my time to be safe.

amlord

Don't forget we just had Daylights Savings time in Central time, whereas UTC does not change time, so it has not reached midnight there yet. Same thing on Sunday, the week used to end/begin at 6:00pm CT Sunday but now it's 7:00pm CT.

@Angela L wrote:

Golly gee, Angela, I totally forgot about that. And in fact, I just checked, and my earnings are usually available by now, but today, not.

I'll try again AFTER 6 pm my time and report back.

You were right!!! It seems to be the time changed.  I just got my withdrawl,  BTW flagged your post as the best answer Angela.  Just for the record oDesk got the messaging problem fixed i was just able to send the urgent transcript to my client.  Thanks for your hard work team.

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
pandoraharper

I was finally able to withdraw more or less 1 hour later then I usually do, so Daylight Savings Time was the culprit. Again, thanks for pointing this out Angela.

curly82

Is anyone having trouble with the time tracker?

@Victor T wrote:
Is anyone having trouble with the time tracker?

Did you update it? I heard the update might be buggy so I haven't updated mine yet.