Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seen this often

melaniekhenson
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
21 of 25

@Stephanie L wrote:

For the record, I was just explaining a technical glitch in that Upwork sends out the same message for all those who post a job with under so many characters while using mobile.   

Then, everyone else had to chime in with how they were the bestest, most researched writer on the interwebs and things went downhill from there. 

When really, we all could have just said to OP "it's an upwork glitch."

No...

...that would have been tooooo easy.

Smiley Very Happy

essa_alroc
Ace Contributor
Stephanie L Member Since: Dec 2, 2016
22 of 25

But to be entirely fair, this post wouldn't have been much fun if it was about nothing but tech specs. I commented on a strict tech specs post earlier and not one person called me the c-word or questioned my business practices while condescendingly acting like they were smarter than me once. It was pretty boring. 

I'm going to say it. I come to the forums for the drama.  Smiley Wink 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
23 of 25

@Stephanie L wrote:

For the record, I was just explaining a technical glitch in that Upwork sends out the same message for all those who post a job with under so many characters while using mobile.  

No, it also adds it to very long job posts if they were posted from a "mobile device" which, incidentally, may be a top of the range iPad Pro for all we know.

Not everything posted from a mobile device was hastily typed out on a mobile phone by some hick while driving a truck....

And to round it off: It is no “technical glitch” either. 

richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
24 of 25

@Petra R wrote:

Not everything posted from a mobile device was hastily typed out on a mobile phone by some hick while driving a truck....

Yes, I've seen some very well-written job descriptions from mobile devices.

But I don't respond to one-sentence job descriptions whether they're from mobiles or not. It's not so much that I want thoughtful clients, though that's a factor too. It's because all my successful proposals have been closely tailored to the client's specific needs, and I can't do that if the client doesn't give me any details. Obviously, this isn't going to apply equally to all types of work. I'm a software developer, not a writer.

paperdog
Community Leader
Grant C Member Since: Sep 8, 2017
25 of 25

Petra R wrote:   "Not everything posted from a mobile device was hastily typed out on a mobile phone by some hick while driving a truck....

And to round it off: It is no “technical glitch” either.  "

I guess you know your hicks pretty well.   

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS