Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selected for project-no task

karinskold
Community Guru
Karin S Member Since: Dec 6, 2009
1 of 10

Hi,

I was selected for a project. But no tasks came. Then the client ended contract without no communication.

I find that very disturbing.

How will that affect my score ?

I work hard to raise it and keep it. And then a client can choose and act as it suits him/her...Smiley Sad

gerrys
Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
2 of 10

If no money changed hands, nothing happens.

Move on. This won't be the last time.

karinskold
Community Guru
3 of 10

Ok. Thanks.

Its annoying anyway to do so.

vibhor_goyal
Ace Contributor
Vibhor G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
4 of 10

This happens all the time.

nativecreativet
Community Leader
Claudia B Member Since: Jan 12, 2017
5 of 10

From what I understand after having read through the forums, unrated and unpaid jobs do affect the JSS somehow. I would be complaining and botheringthe chat agents all day, if that happened to me.

karinskold
Community Guru
6 of 10

Yes, it is what I thought.

Its annoying how a client without any contact select you. Then remain silent and then end contract.

A client can do what ever suits them. As a freelancer you have to please client. 

It makes me very annoyed. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 10

@Claudia B wrote:

I would be complaining and botheringthe chat agents all day, if that happened to me.

What for? It would not change a thing and just be a monumental waste of time.

This can be easily avoided by not accepting any job offer until you have all you need to at least do the first milestone, or start logging time if hourly.

Karin, it might ding your JSS a little, but I doubt it would be dramatic if anything. 

karinskold
Community Guru
8 of 10

Thanks Petra.

It is right what you wrote. And I most of the time wait and hear more about the project and have everything when accepting a job.

But at this time it sounded so professional so thought was fine. But..was wrong. And have learned one more lesson here...

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 10

Karin, been there, done the same 

we live and learn, right?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 10

Hi Karin,

The private feedback your client left can affect your Job Success Score. Please make sure you discuss the job scope, requirements, dynamics and other details before accepting the offer, in order to avoid outcomes like the one you mentioned.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS