🐈
» Forums » Support » Selfie Identification technical problem
Page options
ac4e6bdb
Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesn’t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kori,

If you're having trouble with the selfie, could you please try speaking with an agent instead? You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an agent button like this.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

456 REPLIES 456

When i try to take and submit selfie for visual identification I'm always getting technical error.

Hi Keren, Lusine, and Muyied Ulla,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having with the verification. One of our team members already reached out to you all directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I am having issues with the visual face detection tool. I’ve tried it several times but it doesn’t seem to work. It keeps saying no face detected. Help!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Benazir,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I’m having trouble completing the digital photo verification. It keeps saying “We’re having technical problems”. Then I tried speaking with an agent, but it still won’t go through.

Hi Jeanne,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in via Firefox to complete your verification? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, It says my browser is not compatible as shown below.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jeanne,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Upwork said that I need to verify my account. I have no problems with the ID identification because I have a passport, but the visual identification ALWAYS fail. I have tried using both the desktop and mobile method but it does not work. It always say that there is a technical problem so I should try again or try another method. I have done both of these solutions but nothing worked so far. Please can someone help me, I do not want my account to put on hold especially that I am now gaining momentum of jobs. I am flustered and sad about this. Untitled.jpg

Hi Josiah,

I followed up with the team and you should be all set. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am also suffring with this problem

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Farhan,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to start the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using Firefox as a browser when you initiate it?

If the issue persists let us know.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

This is me

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Pooja,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you via a support ticket to assist you further with your verification process. Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
m_valens
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my identity and have successfully completed the ID verification but I get 'technical problems' error when I try to take a selfie. Have just cleaned browser cache and cookies but the problem persists. 

Hi Marco,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further with your verification.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi All. Same problem here. ID verification is OK but when I'm trying to complete Photo ID verification I get "technical problem" issue. I tried several browsers, another laptop, clearing browser cache - no effect. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Hi Andrii,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Could you please share a screenshot of the error so we can check?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Sure, here it is. I also tried to use mobile camera with the same result. The odd thing is that in mobile camera my face is appearing in the mentioned oval for a second but then this error appears anyway.

Hi Andrii,

Thanks for following up! One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Upwork agent reached me via Google Meet, it took a few minutes to complete the process. Thank you for your help.

Hi, sorry if I'm ressurecting a dead thread but I'm also having issues with the ID Verification. Whenever I go to take a selfie it says "No Face Detected". I've tried on my PC and my phone, I've switched up the lighting and I've cleared the cookies and cache but still nothing. Would really appreciate some help with this. Thank you!

Hi Kori,

If you're having trouble with the selfie, could you please try speaking with an agent instead? You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an agent button like this.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am facing the same problem and it says my account will be blocked for a certain period of time, what can I do? I want to complete the process from mobile.

Hi Ripon,

Just to confirm, did you try to follow the steps Andrea shared in her post?

• If you're having trouble with the selfie, could you please try speaking with an agent instead? You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an agent button like this.
~ Goran
Upwork
91c2972a
Community Member

Hi. I do not see any option for visual verification. When I click get started, it takes straight to the ID verification. Attaching scrrenshots for proof - 

91c2972a_0-1648308011433.png

On clicking on Get Started, it takes to this page. There is no option for visual verification anywhere.

91c2972a_2-1648308056019.png

Hi there,

Note that you will need to complete the first step of the verification before getting to the next. Please go ahead and fill out the information you're being asked for the ID document verification portion of the process, so you can then complete the visual verification. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a5eab195
Community Member

Hello Andrea, I trust you are doing well and good. 

I have gotten the notification for verification. I started the process and I was able to upload my international passport. I then proceeded to the visual verification but I was not successful. Due to this, I decided to go back in order to restart the process. However, on restarting, I couldn't find the continue button to continue with the verification process.

At the moment, I can continue the process. Please help me out. Thank you. 

Hi Abdul-Aziz,

I have escalated your concern to the relevant team for further review. one of the team members will be assisting you by sending another notification so that you can complete the verification process. You can also expect an update on this page once your case has been fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
aa677d09
Community Member

Hi Andrea G,

My selfie verification is taking too long. It has already been 4 days atleast. How do i get verified. And also now there is not continue button so that i could speak with the agent to get verified no option is available.

Hi Md Sonu,

I see that your account is already verified now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
3d7af801
Community Member

Hello.

I tried verifying my account, (the ID went through) but it said visual verification is under review.

The deadline for identification is in 2 days time. Would the visuals be confirmed before then?

Thank you.

Hi Praise,

If your visual verification is already under review, there will be no action taken on your Upwork account in case the review is not updated before the deadline.

- Pradeep

Upwork
45b7b754
Community Member

Hi Armin,

I checked your account and I see that your Visual verification is still in process. Please allow 1 business day for the team tor review and update your account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
3c65f52b
Community Member

I have been trying to pass the video verification on Upwork for over seven or eight times, but it still hasn't worked. The deadline is in three days and I really need help.

Hi YiLi,

Your selfie is being rejected because your Upwork profile picture doesn't meet Upwork requirements. An email notification with more details was sent to you as well.

Your profile photo must meet the following requirements:

• It must look like you.
  • It must be a headshot-style photo.
  • Sunglasses, other individuals, logos, or pictures of anything other than your face are not allowed.

Please check this article for more information on updating your profile photo.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
alawooz
Community Member

there is no such a button to talk to anyone. this is bad.

alawooz
Community Member

same problem here with no luck yet

Hi Richard,

I see that you've successfully raised a ticket about your account concerns. Rest assured that your case has been escalated to the appropriate. Please allow our team time and you will get an update on one of your tickets here once it's been thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths