🐈
» Forums » Support » Selfie recognition
Page options
ac4e6bdb
Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesn’t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kori,

If you're having trouble with the selfie, could you please try speaking with an agent instead? You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an agent button like this.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

456 REPLIES 456
rushafire
Community Member

I want to complete the verification. But I know English only at the written level. My friend said there would be a video call. I do not want to let the employer down. Will I be able to complete the verification beforehand?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Artem,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future and they will advise you accordingly. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
df4c67c5
Community Member

Sir I mistakely to use another picture in Upwork profile and I send  my real selfie for verification what should the Next my account is secure or not?

In the case of selfi rejection can I retake send the selfie with original profile picture

In the case of rejection my account and payment is secure or not

I'm very worried about please give me a reply I'm waiting for you thanks

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that you've coordinated with the team through this ticket regarding your concern. We highly suggest you continue doing that so that the team can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
natashajones615
Community Member

Greetings!

In the wake of being given a "top rated" status, I have received a video verification request.  I am MORE than happy to comply, and am currently trying to find an affordable webcam to allow me to participate in the call ASAP.

In the meantime, I am wondering if Upwork has notified a current client and prospective clients who are sending invitations that I am unavailable for work during this process?  AND letting them know that it is a routine process and NOT because I have done anything to deserve suspicion?  My reputation and JSS score are extremely important, and I worry that they may be damaged by the delay that this process is causing.

Also: once successfully completing the call, will I receive a badge- or some other form of recognition- to indicate that I have been formally verified?  Or perhaps a discount on the 20% Upwork cut moving forward?  It seems there should be some form of compensation for the inconvenience, delays, and equipment expense that this process requires.

Many thanks in dvance for any informtion that anyone can offer.

Natasha Jones

Hi Natasha, 

I would like to clarify that if you do not have any available webcam at the moment, you can reply on your support ticket, and let the team know so that they can give you an alternative method of verifying your identity. 

The team has confirmed that they have notified your clients about the temporary limitation to your account, that said limitation will be lifted once the verification has been completed, and that this is a routine process to ensure the safety of the Upwork marketplace. 

Once your identity has been verified, this will be noted in the system, and you should be able to continue working on your contracts, and using your Upwork account.

There is another verification process where you will receive an Identiy Verified badge on your profile once completed. You may read more about it here. Please know that this process is separate from the verification you will need to complete at the moment. 

~ Avery
Upwork
47c868f8
Community Member

Hi Avery, I'm also facing the same issue I don't have an available webcam at the moment for visual verification, please is they another way to get verified?

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for reaching out. If you're having trouble with the selfie, could you please try speaking with an agent instead? You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an agent button like this.

~ AJ
Upwork

I don't have an available webcam, please is they another way?
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eduardo,

I checked and it seems that you already chatted with our team on this support ticket and resolved the issue. 

Please note that in most cases, you can use a mobile device with a working camera and microphone. We suggest before you contact us that you download Google Meet. You can do so by either visiting the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.

For more information on this, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi. I'm also having a problem with the visual verification both on my phone and my laptop. It keeps on telling me to try again and redirecting me to Upwork Help tab. I already disabled pop-up blockers and cleared cache. For your kind assistance please. Thank you.

Hi Micah,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! Noted on this. Thank you so much.

-Micah

Hello,

I'm trying visual verification through mobile (android) or laptop but I'm encountering the same problem.

It is redirecting me to Upwork Help tab. For your kind assistance. Thank you.

Hi Ronalyn, 

Just to clarify, are you experiencing this problem when you`re trying to take the selfie or you`re trying to connect with one of our agents to complete the process? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

dear upwork team,hello 

I have the same problem. In sefie verfication part, i have tried cell phone, chrome and foxfire browsers. But my sefie can not be captured. im showed “your session timed out”. How can i solve this problem? i need support. thx

Hi Michael,

Could you please try clicking on Choose another method? You should be able to start a chat with an agent who can help you with your visual verification.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi

I am facing the same issue. There is no option to take a selfie,, after some time screen shows .. your time is out. try again 

Please help me 

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bauman_keren
Community Member

Hi Upwork community

I am trying to verify my ID before Upwork disables my account. 

The selfie camera method gives an error message after I try take a picture.

I've tried on both my laptop and my cellphone but both of them give the same message. 

It says "We are having some techincal probelms". 

I need to verify it ASAP can someone please advise how I can proceed. 

Thank you, 

Keren 

My ID is already verified, however when I tried the visual verification for step 2 it says technical problem. I tried morethan 10x however the results are still the same. So, I decided to speak with an agent, again I was redirected into different set up. I only have 3 more days left to verify my accnt or else I’ll be on hold. I hope someone can help me with my problem. Thank you

Hi Irish,

Could you please try initiating the visual verification process after clearing your cache and cookies or try using a different browser? You may want to try using Mozilla Firefox. I've also escalated your concern to the team, and one of our team members will assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
yisshh
Community Member

Hello, I just need help regarding my visual verification of my upwork account. It says technical problem, and then when i tried to speak with the agent, no agent or anyone assisted me. So I’m confused now of what to do because I only have 3 more days left or else my account will be on hold. I hope someone can help me with this problem. Thank you

Hi Irish,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I tried to take the required selfie for the visual verification, but it keeps saying " We are having some technical problems. Please try again or choose another method". I tried a few times both with web and mobile camera, but no luck. Could you help me with this?

I am having the same problem. Please can I receive some assistance

Hi Kimjun,

Could you please share more details about the problem you`re experiencing so that we can assist you further? I would recommend logging in via Firefox to complete your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Thank you for responding
I have tried using my desktop's webcam then I tried scanning the qr code
with my android phone. Same result:" We are having some technical problems.
We are unable to use the camera on this device.

Please try again using your mobile camera."

I tried clearing cache and cookies and I even downloaded firefox and tried
taking a selfie there but I am still facing the same error

Thank you for the follow up, Kimjun.

I will escalate your concern to our team and one of our team members will assist you further on your ticket with number 30426093. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you.Where can I find their reply?

Hi Kimjun,

You can access your tickets on this Link and follow up directly there with any additional questions you may have. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

No one is responding to my messages in the link you sent me. I would
appreciate further assistance with this issue. Thanks

Hi Kimjun,

Rest assured, our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi I cant access or take a selfie using my laptop or mobile phone. my account needs to be verified before april 1, 2021. thanks for your help

Hi Johnalyn,

Are you experiencing any problems or receiving any errors on your end? I would suggest to try and clear your cache and cookies or changing your browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi I'm also experiencing this problem, I have tried using different browsers with both phone and laptop. My ID is accepted but my selfie doesn't work, it kept on saying that they are having some technical problems.

Please help me.

Hi Ferdail,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi, friday i got a mail from upwork they said me to verify my account and than i completed 1st step but when i try to complete second step using selfie they showed the message
"We are having some technical problems.
We are unable to use the camera on this device.

Please try again using your mobile camera."

Please help me the time will be end in 1-10-2021

Hi Sha,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the error while completing the second step. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths