Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling goods

eselle13
Sara A Member Since: Nov 19, 2017
1 of 5

Hi ,

I dont see anything about this.

Can I sell products on upwork, like lets say I designed a business card for my client and I want to offer my client the  service of  printing the business cards and selling it to them ata retail price. I would go through upwork so there wouldn't be any violation or anything.

But is there something against that? what would be the pitfalls of doing that?

riacruz09
Ace Contributor
Ma. Regina C Member Since: Jun 18, 2017
2 of 5

I don't think there's a violation in that. Anyway, the client has a choice of whether to accept your offer or not.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3 of 5

Hi Sara,

Given the nature of the product you mentioned looking to offer on Upwork, it can potentially be in violation of Upwork ToS. In order to confirm, please do submit a support request with specific details so we can advise. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 5

Goran, aside from OP's direct discussion with CS, it would be great if you or someone from Upwork could provide a general answer here. It's hard to see what aspect of TOS could be violated by the type of contract OP described--she clearly said all payment would go through Upwork. 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 5

Hi Tiffany,

It`s hard to give a specific answer on this when we don`t have all of the details, this type of concerns are reviewed on case to case basis.

I will follow up with our team and will share more details about a similar scenarios soon.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS