🐈 Community

Sending Invoices

Can someone please give me the steps to send an invoice to a client?  I feel kind of dumb and am sure it's something so simple, but I can't find where to do it.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
jsutherland

In 9 years here I've never sent an invoice. They are billed by Upwork so I guess they are using the Upwork invoice.

Did your client specifically ask for one?

No, but that is how I've always been paid by this client.  I send invoices, he pays.  (He was an Elance client and we just brought the project over here)   So there isn't an invoicing system?  Can I create milestones for his approval?   Or does he need to do everything from his end now?  

@Heather L wrote:

No, but that is how I've always been paid by this client.  I send invoices, he pays.  (He was an Elance client and we just brought the project over here)   So there isn't an invoicing system?  Can I create milestones for his approval?   Or does he need to do everything from his end now?  

There is no invoicing system here. You would now need to create your own invoice which is easy to do in MS Word or Excel.

He must now create your milestones. No need for your approval if you'd already discussed each new one with him.

It's very easy for him to create new milestones right inside the contract area. 

I've just read about no invoicing system / no milestone creation on our end.  

Learning Paths