cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Project Files Via Google Drive

Hatheek M Member Since: Dec 11, 2018
1 of 13
Hello, can i use Google Drive to submit the Project Files to my Clients as he request me to send the files via Google Drive?
Ace Contributor
Namita S Member Since: Jul 20, 2017
2 of 13

Hi Hatheek, 

Yes, you can send the files to your Client via Google Drive or Dropbox. 

But I'll advice you first go to My Jobs> That particular Contract> Submit work button. 

And submit your files there too. Write a description about the work you've done on that project and attach the files there, just to ensure your payment protection on fixed price contracts. 

Good luck!

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 13

Namita S wrote:

Hi Hatheek, 

Yes, you can send the files to your Client via Google Drive or Dropbox. 

But I'll advice you first go to My Jobs> That particular Contract> Submit work button. 

And submit your files there too. Write a description about the work you've done on that project and attach the files there, just to ensure your payment protection on fixed price contracts. 

Good luck!

or, like, just add the link in the milestone description box and click submit. Just share a directory with the client so they can go get files or mark up documents. What you're suggesting is overkill and not necessary.

And also, there is no payment protection on escrow. Don't kid yourself.

Ace Contributor
4 of 13

Really!!!!

Still you prefer to send your work through the submit work button. 

And there is payment protection on escrow on fixed price contracts. I'm not kidding at all. 

Community Guru
5 of 13

Namita S wrote:

Really!!!!

Still you prefer to send your work through the submit work button. 

And there is payment protection on escrow on fixed price contracts. I'm not kidding at all. 

lol when you get a chargeback or a dispute and you don't want to or can't afford to pony up $300 for arbitration, let me know your feelings then, chica.

Ace Contributor
6 of 13
**Edited for community guidelines**
Making speculations about what I can or can't do....? Last I checked arbitration fee was $291 applicable to all the parties involved. 

Let's not deviate from the OP's question. In my views it's been answered appropriately. 
Community Guru
7 of 13

Namita S wrote:
**Edited for community guidelines**

**Edited for community guidelines**Yes, the $291 is indeed charged to all three parties. Don't pay it and you auto-lose. Get a chargeback, and you wake up to a negative balance. You realize this, right?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
8 of 13

Hi All,

I would just like to ask you to keep the conversation professional and avoid personal attacks! Please be mindful of the Community Guidelines and respectful toward other members of the Community.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
9 of 13

oh jeez she didn't attack me. She just thinks I'm angry and I'm not. I'm trying to warn her and the OP against walking into an escrow job thinking that money can't be yanked from her when the client just says "meh, don't want to pay you." Unless she's got $300 to pay up, she auto-loses or has to take whatever the client throws at her, which IME is very little. Also, chargebacks.

There is no protection with escrow jobs, so enter at your own risk.

Ace Contributor
10 of 13

This thread is not about going into arbitration or paying the arbitration fees. 

If any FL decides to proceeds with the arbitration s/he ll obviously pay the arbitration fees, that includes me. If I can't justify my stand, then I'll simply refund the amount and won't proceed with the dispute itself. But If I'm convinced that I'm not at fault I will proceed with the arbitration for sure. 

Anyways thanks for marking my post as "Report Inappropriate Content". 

As Bojan said all of us must be respectful toward other members of the community. 

Unfortunately some of us never understand this!! 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS