Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a P.S. note to Job Proposal

mfmaxwell
Community Leader
Fernanda M Member Since: Apr 10, 2016
11 of 19

HI Vladimir, thanks for clarifying it. So the field "message to client" when you Propose Different Terms would not work in this case :-(

kochubei_valeria
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 19

Hi Fernanda and others,

The field "Message to Client" appears on the "Propose different terms" window only once the client has accepted the proposal and it became an active candidacy. The message sent that way will show in the respective interview room.

Screenshot_18.png

If the proposal hasn't been accepted yet, there is no option to send a message, but only an option to change the bid. The team is considering adding the option to edit the cover letter after it's sent.

Screenshot_19.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
pamela-anne
Ace Contributor
Pamela-anne K Member Since: Mar 16, 2014
13 of 19

Hi Valeria I thank you for your input this would be really good news if Upwork decides to add this feature, I now I have messed up more than once, where I have forgot to add or wanted to add something else into my proposals but have been unable to do so.  It would be nice to have an edit feature in this section.

Have a great day, and thanks again for your detailed input to my question!Smiley Happy

pamela-anne
Ace Contributor
14 of 19

Hi Vladimir thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my questions, it really helps me getting different perspectives on certain issues.  John suggested that we need to withdraw our proposals then send in new one spending two extra connects to do so.  Who ever said learning is free?  Well if we need to spend a few extra connects to possibly gain a new contract then I say it is connects well spent!

Thanks again Vladimir for your kind response have a great day!Smiley Happy

jorgensons
Community Guru
Signe J Member Since: Jan 29, 2016
15 of 19

Vladimir, is this something Upwork is considering amending? Elance allowed edits, and other freelance sites -- like Guru -- allow edits. It's a fantastic feature...

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
16 of 19
Signe,

One could add to your list practically every site on the Internet, but who's counting?

Best,
Michael
pamela-anne
Ace Contributor
17 of 19

Hi Signe thanks for your input I agree with you it would be a great feature that I know speaking for myself I would certainly make use of it!

Have a great day!Smiley Happy

jmeyn
Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
18 of 19

Pamela,

IMHO you haven't missed anything. I long ago gave up doing this (adding these words to prove you read the thing). The large majority of these jobs are never awarded anyway. The real clients will read any application and respond. 

pamela-anne
Ace Contributor
19 of 19

Hi Joachim thanks so much for your kind response and input to my question.  For me it can be frustrating when I mess up and forget to include something in the original proposal, but at least now I know if I am willing to pay an extra couple of connects I can mend my ways so to speak!

Thanks again, for your input Joachim it is much appreciated, have a great day!Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS