🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Sending an Invoice to my client
Page options
nabila_pervaiz
Community Member

Sending an Invoice to my client

Hello Seniors,
My client has requested me to send him an invoice so that he can record his expenses. Could anyone please tell me the procedure for sending invoices?

Looking forward to your prompt response

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nabila Pervaiz B wrote:

When I started the contract, my time tracker wasn't working properly due to technical issues, and we had a 2hours of skype session. Now, he is asking me about the invoice so he could pay me through the bonus and save it for records.
Now my question is Where I can find the Upwork manual invoice format so I can edit it accordingly and send it to him.

Looking forward to your response.

There is no manual invoice.

If the time was this past week (Monday through today), you can enter the time manually on your Work Diary page, if the client has allowed manual time entry. If they haven't allowed manual time entry, ask them to turn that on. Once the manual time is entered, Upwork will charge them for the time tomorrow and generate an invoice.

If the time is earlier than that, then the client has to use a bonus to pay you, and the invoice will be created when he pays the bonus.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Upwork provides the client with an invoice which they can download in their transaction history.

When I started the contract, my time tracker wasn't working properly due to technical issues, and we had a 2hours of skype session. Now, he is asking me about the invoice so he could pay me through the bonus and save it for records.
Now my question is Where I can find the Upwork manual invoice format so I can edit it accordingly and send it to him.

Nabila Pervaiz B wrote:

If the time was this past week (Monday through today), you can enter the time manually on your Work Diary page, if the client has allowed manual time entry. If they haven't allowed manual time entry, ask them to turn that on. Once the manual time is entered, Upwork will charge them for the time tomorrow and generate an invoice.

If the time is earlier than that, then the client has to use a bonus to pay you, and the invoice will be created when he pays the bonus.

Wes C wrote:

Nabila Pervaiz B wrote:

Thank you for your prompt respons 🙂

marafx
Community Member

Upwork invoices I rfeceived as Employer when I hired a freelancer serve to nothing. They have only a Name on it. Not a country nothing. They are useless at taxation level.
To solve such embarasing situation my accountant had to  made  an autoinvoicing to justify the expense.
For the future, despite I  dislkike the idea, I will hire only  freelancers that have complete data: VAt or tax id. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths