🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Sending money to another freelancer
Page options
margadaa-b
Community Member

Sending money to another freelancer

Hello.

I am a freelancer. Can I send money from my Upwork account to another freelancer who works on Upwork as well? Is there any other way to transfer it?

Please help me if you know the answer. Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member


Margadaa B wrote:

I am a freelancer. Can I send money from my Upwork account to another freelancer who works on Upwork as well?


No

 


Margadaa B wrote:

Is there any other way to transfer it?

 


You mean to someone you know from outside Upwork? Like a friend? Sure, you withdraw the money from Upwork and send it to the other person any way you like. bank transfer, PayPal, whatever.


Petra R wrote:

Margadaa B wrote:

I am a freelancer. Can I send money from my Upwork account to another freelancer who works on Upwork as well?


No

 


Margadaa B wrote:

Is there any other way to transfer it?

 


You mean to someone you know from outside Upwork? Like a friend? Sure, you withdraw the money from Upwork and send it to the other person any way you like. bank transfer, PayPal, whatever.


I suggest just giving him the cash. 

  • Thanks for this information,
  • I still want to know the treatment of TDS deduction in this case. If payment is made to a third party outside the Upwork, the TDS on such payments would be reflected in the owner account or that third party account.
  • Please help me with the required solution


Gourav K wrote:
  • I still want to know the treatment of TDS deduction in this case. If payment is made to a third party outside the Upwork, the TDS on such payments would be reflected in the owner account or that third party account.

Just to be 100% clear: You can't pay any money to anyone you met on Upwork outside the platform. As far as paying persons who have an Upwork account, but whom you know from outside Upwork is concerned, such a transaction has nothing to do with Upwork. So as far as TDS is concerned, it would be the same as any other incident of you handing money to some random person.

Hello Petra,

 

Thanks for the clarity!

I still want to know the treatment of TDS if I am paying the person who has an  Upwork account.

How can get money on the freelancer up work explain on me 

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

Gourav i think you need the help of a local accountant from india. Upwork will only let you work on a project and will only pay the money to you, not to someone else. You will have to comply with local regulations on your own

spectralua
Community Member

You want to hire other freelancer as subcontractor? Add your client account, hire him from, pay from. You cannot hire someone from freelancer account.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths